< Previous | Contents | Next >
Conservation of the lubrication and fuel systems for more than 8 months’ stoppage:
• Drain the engine oil and fill up with conservation oil* to just over the MIN marking on the dipstick.
• Connect the fuel suction and return hoses to a 1/3 full jerrican containing conservation oil* and 2/3 diesel fuel.
• Bleed the fuel system.
* Conservation oils are sold by oil companies.
• Start the engine and run at a fast idle until about 2 liters (0.6 US gal) of the fluid in the jerrican have been used. Stop the engine and re-connect the fuel suction and return lines.
• Drain the conservation oil from the engine.
• Follow the other instructions on the previous page.