< Previous | Contents | Next >
More than 8 month's stoppage:
Conserve the lubrication and fuel systems with con- servation oil. Refer to the section Conservation of the lubrication and fuel systems for more than 8 months’ stoppage.
• Make sure the coolant has adequate antifreeze properties. Top up as necessary.
Alternatively, you can drain the coolant (also drain the coolant filter).
• Drain any water and contamination from the fuel fil- ters and fuel tank. Fill the fuel tank completely, to avoid condensation.
• Disconnect the battery cables, clean and charge the batteries. Trickle charge the batteries while the equipment is in storage. A poorly charged battery can freeze and burst.
• Clean the outside of the engine. Do not use a high pressure washer for engine cleaning. Touch up paint damage with Volvo Penta original paint.
• Check and rust-proof any control cables.
• Put a note on the engine with the date, type of con- servation and the conservation oil used.
• Cover the air filter, exhaust pipe and engine if nec- essary.