< Previous | Contents | Next >
Diagnostic function for VODIA
• The program can read off fault codes that are stored in the engine’s control unit, check input/output signals and read off current values from the engine’s sensors and then print out the test results.
• The program allows service and workshop personnel the rapidly detect and correct faults in the EMS 2-system.
• Connection to the engine’s control unit is via the diagnostic outlet, see chapter ”Electrical diagrams”.
• User information is included with the program.
• To order the program, contact your Volvo Penta retailer.
• The task of the diagnostic function is to discover and locate any malfunctions in the EMS 2 system, to protect the engine and to ensure operation in the event of serious malfunction.
• If a malfunction is detected, this is indicated by the diagnostic lamp in the control panel blinking.
By pressing the diagnostic switch, the operator will receive a fault code as a guide to any fault-tracing.
For more handling information, see ”VODIA User´s Guide”.
Group 23 EMS 2 Fault tracing